The Caribbean Bushwacker is basically a milkshake with booze, and what could be better than that? Take some ice cream add your favorite coffee liqueur and if you are wanting something sweet add in some chocolate syrup. Feel free to play around with a few of the ingredients, why not take it up a notch and add in espresso. I think we can all agree that milkshakes are amazing, well I guess if you are lactose intolerant or a vegan then you might not agree, but hey there is always tequila.
Serve the Caribbean Bushwacker as a respite to a hot, summer day or as a dessert finale at dinner.
- 3 cups cracked ice
- 1/2 cup cream of coconut
- 1/4 cup coffee-flavored liqueur, chilled
- 1/4 cup Irish cream liqueur, chilled
- 1/4 cup dark crème de cacao, chilled
- 1/4 cup black or dark rum, chilled
- 2 tablespoons chocolate sauce or chocolate syrup
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a blender; process until finely chopped. Add ice cream; process until smooth.
Photo: Christopher Baker; Styling: Linda Hirst