I love watermelon, it’s one of my favorite summer snacks. The Watermelon Fizz is an exceptional cocktail, from its perfect pink colour to its foamy goodness its hard to find a cocktail this fine. The ginger ale gives this cocktail just the right amount of fizz and sweetness while the lime completes the flavour profiles. I would encourage you to try this cocktail with rum or vodka. I might try it with whiskey, just so I can call it the WWF, cause….aw you get it. If you experiment with this recipe let me know, I’d love to hear from you.
Post by Scott Smith – SmittysBrewReview.com
- 2 Cups Watermelon (diced)
- 1-1.5 ounce Gin
- 2 tablespoons Lime Juice
- 1/3 cup Ginger Ale (optional)
- Lime Slices for Garnish
- Take 1/2 cup of the diced watermelon and freeze to be used later for garnish
- Puree the rest of the 1 1/2 cups of diced Watermelon and strain
- In a shaker, add 2 ounces of the puree, Lime Juice & Gin.
- Pour into glasses & top with Ginger Ale, if desired.
- Garnish with lime slice and frozen diced Watermelon
Use the frozen watermelon chunks as ice cubes so the drink doesn’t get watered down.